Alder Yarrow at Vinography is coordinating the wine section of an amazing raffle for the sixth edition of Menu for Hope, organised by Chez Pim.
100% of the proceeds go to the UN World Food Programme, the UN's frontline agency in the fight against hunger. This year's monies will go to Purchase for Progress (P4P). P4P enables smallholder and low-income farmers to supply food to WFP’s global operation, helping local economies.
There are some great items up for grabs, including dinner with Eric Asimov, the New York Times wine critic or having Alder Yarrow as your personal sommelier for a night, not to mention books, jewelry and wine galore.
Winning is as easy as making a $10 donation to a great cause.
One of the bid items is a week's stay at Il Palazzone… the code is WB02. The winery is a short (if bumpy) drive from the centre of Montalcino. The villa is a renovated farmhouse, tucked away from sight, surrounded by breath-taking views and our vineyards, olive groves and fruit trees. If you can bear to tear yourself away from the beautiful infinity pool that overlooks the valley, it is the perfect launch pad for exploring and enjoying Tuscany; in day trip distance from Siena, Florence, San Gimignano, not to mention the Val D'Orcia and Montalcino itself.
Who will be our lucky guests? I can’t wait to meet them and give them a private tour and tasting.
Here are some instructions to donate and enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from the Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving
and make a donation.
3. Specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code. Our code is WB02. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for WB01 and 3 tickets for W0B2.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allowing access to your email address so that you can be contacted if you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
6. Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.
Good luck... maybe I'll see you on the property!
Back to Categories
Search the Snooth ForumSearch
Top Contributors This Month
- 71 posts
- 54 posts
- 43 posts