- Reply by dmcker, Nov 25, 2010.
So CC, can you rank the top five Chenin Blancs and top five Sauvignon Blancs from S.A. for us?
- Reply by CyberCellar wine, Nov 26, 2010.
Well last week saw the release of our highly acclaimed Platter's wine guide. It's an annual publication that tastes pretty much all the wines South Africa has to offer and rates accordingly. If one was to go by Platter's this year’s top Chenins are:
· Botanica 2009
· StellenRust ‘45’ Barrel Fermented 2009
But I’d definitely through in Ken Forrester, Raats, MooiPlaas and Kanu into this mix!
As per SB's the five star rated SB's are:
· Graham Beck Pheasants’ Run 2010
· Klein Constantia Perdeblokke 2009
· Kleine Zalze Family Reserve 2009
· The Berrio 2009
· Zevenwacht 360° 2009
With out a doubt GB Pheasants' Run, but High Constantia does a superb SB... and new comer 7Springs Vineyards has something fresh from the Hemel en Aarde region.
For the Platter's listings please see http://www.wineonaplatter.com/
- Reply by dmcker, Dec 3, 2010.
Thanks, CC. What would your personal listings be?
- Reply by CyberCellar wine, Jan 6, 2011.
Would have to say any Chenin by Kleine Zalze and Raats, regarding SB - High Constantia and David Nieuwoudt's Ghost Corner SB....but there's a ton and I could go on forever...
Back to work ;-)