New York, NY - June 10, 2008
Global, interactive wine resource selects leading industry names
Snooth , the world's most comprehensive wine review site, today announced the formation of its advisory board comprised of leading names in the wine industry.
The board will play a key role in advising Snooth’s management on a variety of issues, including its role within the industry, as the site continues to expand into a global wine resource, complete with social elements, detailed recommendations, editorial content, and seamless merchant connections.
The members include:
• Paul Mabray - Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Inertia , the leading provider of web-based technology used by wineries to manage direct sales and marketing.
• Andrea Johnston - VP Channel Development of Inertia
• Mike Mitchell - COO MMP, former Director of NextAction, a company that partners with over 1,000 retailers, catalogers and e-retailers to develop customer acquisition and retention programs.
• Rodolphe Boulanger - President of the The Wine Messenger , a national online wine retailer, licensed to ship to 25 states.
• Jean-Michel Stam - VP Global Wines and Spirits , the leading B2B e-business market place for people in the wine industry -- a joint venture between Société des Alcools du Québec and Mediagrif Interactive Technologies
Paul Mabray, founder of Inertia, said, "Snooth provides a much needed solution for aggregating wine content - a single source for information that the consumer can both contribute to, as well as access, thereby democratizing wine information."
Jean-Michel Stam, VP of Global Wines and Spirits, added, "Snooth is a very exciting company that is a true innovator in the business of wine rating and appreciation. We are honored to have the opportunity to witness and contribute to its growth."
Philip James, CEO of Snooth, commented, "We are very pleased to have access to such a talented group of individuals. Our Advisory Board has a breadth of experience and degree of operating skills in all facets of wine marketing, retailing and merchandising and will be pivotal to Snooth's ongoing development."
Launched in June 2007, Snooth is a highly interactive, social database of the world's wines, offering both casual and expert wine drinkers the ability to search, obtain personalized recommendations, interact with fellow wine lovers, as well as seamlessly buy from a global network of over 8,000 merchants.
Users have the ability to search by their own personal preferences (bold, peppery, fruity, etc), by a specific meal-pairing, price, or by region or producer. Snooth's recommendation engine also provides customized selections based on stated preferences and user feedback. The more information a user gives on wines they enjoy, the more personalized and detailed the recommendations become.
Please visit http://www.snooth.com for more information.
Back to Categories
Search the Snooth ForumSearch
Top Contributors This Month
- 89 posts
- 74 posts
- 60 posts
Tarima Monastrell (2014)Cellared
Las Dos Marias Blanco Spain Verdejo (2015)Cellared
Chateau Terrebert Cotes du Marmandais Malbec Cabernet Franc (2012)Cellared
Zolo Signature Red (2012)Reviewed
Garnacha Viejas Vinas de Sinello (2013)Reviewed
Montebuena Rioja (2014)Reviewed
Moulin de Gassac Guilhem (2015)Reviewed
Cabernet Sauvgnon Moulin de Gassac (2015)Reviewed
Santa Rita Pinot Noir 120 (2014)Reviewed
Black Ink California (2014)Reviewed