Having heard people wax about the Robert Sinskey Vin Gris, i decided to pick up a bottle:
1) its expensive. $27 for a rose is pricy
2) i dispute that this is a Vin Gris. Vin Gris = white wine made with red grapes. Not a pale rose made with red grapes.
3) Nonethless I'm excited to try it!
Review to follow...
RSV Vin Gris of Pinot Noir
- Reply by Philip James, Apr 13, 2008.
OK, i had this last night and just posted the review.
- Reply by John Andrews, Apr 14, 2008.
LOL ... I think you might be disappointed by the Loxton Vin Gris. It is more rose than white from red.
The only producer that I know that does a 'true' white from red is Domaine Serene. The make a wine called Coeur Blanc (White Heart) which is a white wine made from Pinot Noir grapes. I have not had a chance to try it but I'm on the wait list to purchase it because it is so small production.
- Reply by Philip James, Apr 14, 2008.
Well I'm still going to try the Loxton one John. I'll just ignore the Vin Gris in the name.