While I admire the snow in Alto Adige at Abbazia di Novacella I have lots of other wines I'd like to taste as well! I go for more eclectic rather than mainstream. So as my portfolio grows (and I will keep you posted - just waiting on some new contracts :-) I will be expanding my horizons with some fun varietals. You??
BUON ANNO from Abbazia di Novacella!!
NEW YEARS' RESOLUTIONS??
- Reply by EMark, Jan 3, 2013.
To me, every bottle I open is a new adventure. I resolve to continue with that philosophy.
- Reply by Gregory Dal Piaz, Jan 4, 2013.
Me, I stopped buying wine over $30 a bottle (for the year).
Next time I'm in Trentino visiting family I'm going to come up and visit.
- Reply by napagirl68, Jan 7, 2013.
Gorgeous picture!! Bonne Annee!
I commend GdP for his limit, under $30. Loving CA pinots, it is hard to abide that limit :-)
So my resolutions?
Here they are for now :-)
1. Buy local, small production wines when buying domestically
2. Eat mostly low carb, and mostly vegetarian. When eating meat, eat responsibly and local.
3. Support small producers of quality in my area... expand to fit need.
4. Stop shopping as much.. I don't really need more!
5. Appreciate what I have
- Reply by Wai Xin Chan, Jan 7, 2013.
I resolve to write down tasting notes, but I am almost certain I won't have a pen when I need one. Record it on phones and others will accuse me of being rude by texting while they are talking. Tough luck.
- Reply by AbbaziaDiNovacella, Jan 9, 2013.
Hello everyone! and who can forget exercising more! -- GDP -- you should DEFINITELYYYYYYYY come to visit us next time you are in Trentino -- it's just a hop, skip and a jump! How are your German language skills???
In the meantime, I would love to get some of our current samples to you....and just so happens that they are all under $30!! :-) Let me know where to send, I am local in NYC.
Here's another splendid day at the monastery....Ciao for now! Becky
- Reply by amour, Jan 9, 2013.
Drink more of the great wines!....Pair them perfectly with great "Small Plates" of glorious morsels...the best and only the best...according to my own palate and a bit of conventional wisdom, of course.... at whatever the price....but not ever breaking the bank either...or doing a Madoff!!!!! (AM I SHOT AS YET???)The above is my.....New Year Resolution!!! Yep!!!!