I am looking for some advice on some good examples of the following US wines
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
In terms of price point I am not really fussed but am intersted in a wine you rate as 95+/100.
My purpose is that I want to organise a tasting/dinner to compare US wines to Australian and NZ wine.
Thanks in advance for your help
Help - US Wine Advice
- Reply by outthere, Jul 18, 2010.
- 2005 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Vineyard
- 1998 Kistler PN Occidental Station Vineyard Cuvee Elizabeth
- 2004 Marcassin Chardonnay Marcassin Vineyard
- 2004 Rochiloli Chardonnay South River Vineyard
- 1997 Shafer Cabernet Hillside Select
- 2001 Harlan Estate Cabernet
- 1997 Bryant Family Cabernet
- 2002 Quilceda Creek Cabernet
To name a few. Good line-up. I'm sure others can chime in on their ideas.
- Reply by StevenBabb, Jul 19, 2010.
sounds like a fun dinner....
i'd throw in a couple of options...
Testarossa, Bien Nacido Vineyards, Pinot Noir, 2008
Freeman, Russian River Valley, Pinot Noir, 2007
Au Bon Climat, Santa Maria Valley, Chardonnay, 2006
Far Niente, Napa Valley, Chardonnay, 2008 or 2007
Terra Valentine, Spring Mountain District, Cabernet, 2006
Quintessa, Napa Valley, Cabernet, 2006
Silver Oak, Napa Valley, Cabernet, 2005
just a few wines for you to consider.......