Wine Talk

Snooth User: outthere

2013 Growing Season

Original post by outthere, May 3, 2013.

Fox asked me the other day if I was going to start a thread on this years growing season. I've been real busy with other things and haven't had much time to focus on the specifics of the 2013 season. But, things are getting off to an early start due to unusually warm Spring weather and a mild Winter where the Sierra snowpack is only 17% of normal for this time of year. Seems like vines just started leafing a few weeks ago and we now have berries forming and getting ready for bloom as seen in this photo from Williams-Selyem.

prev 1 2

Reply by outthere, May 13, 2013.

Actually it was showing really well for a young Geezer. '11 was a weird vintage.

Reply by Richard Foxall, May 13, 2013.

Great that Nalle got a little love.  I have enjoyed their wines, including a bottling they did with a neighbor's "Primitivo" as a tribute to him.  (Cuneo was their neighbor.)  I like their zins more than my wife does, so I drink them when I'm on my own.  Definitely more restrained, lower ABV. Like many of the DCV families (Unti, Talty, Mauritson, Teldeschi, and on and on), they are really friendly and chances are good you will meet someone involved in the growing or winemaking if you taste there, esp during events like WineRoad.

prev 1 2

Back to Categories

Top Contributors This Month

125836 Snooth User: dmcker
76 posts
1498622 Snooth User: Really Big Al
1498622Really Big Al
73 posts
324443 Snooth User: outthere
62 posts

Snooth Media Network