2008, 2006, 2012

Posted by peacefrog25, Dec 19, 2013.

Jade Mountain 

White wine blend - 2008 California

William Hill Estate 

Chardonnay - 2006 Napa Valley

Beringer

White Merlot- 2012 California

I am wanting to know which one of these three I should open first, and If any can age?

I bought the 2006 and 2008 at a discounted price, and I am hoping it was not discounted because they are ruin.  

Hopefully I will receive a little more knowledge, so I can end this night with a little peace with a glass of one of these wines.  

Thanks. - steph

Replies

Reply by gregt, Dec 19, 2013.

None of those are particularly profound wines that need to be considered too deeply, but the "white" Merlot is a rosado, so I'd probably open that first. You generally don't want to keep those for too long and the Beringer is pretty sweet and won't last all that long. Beringer can be a good producer, but their lower level wines are made for drinking as soon as they're released.

Of all, the Jade is probably the most interesting and probably the one you can open last.

Not saying that any of them will profit from more time, but it may be that some of them will suffer from more time, so I'd go with the Jade last.

Reply by Richard Foxall, Dec 26, 2013.

That's plenty of time for any of those.  That Jade Mountain was made after they sold the winery (Jim Paras kept the vineyard) and changed the labels (and the focus of the winery from Rhone grapes).  Too bad because their Syrah was good stuff, and the Provencale, a GSM blend, was a huge value.

Back to Categories

Top Contributors This Month

125836 Snooth User: dmcker
125836dmcker
88 posts
847804 Snooth User: EMark
847804EMark
67 posts
324443 Snooth User: outthere
324443outthere
62 posts

Categories