Wine Talk

Snooth User: deconut

2007 Seghesio Zinfandel #10 WS

Posted by deconut, Dec 14, 2008.

Just curious what you, who have tasted this thinks - I am a huge fan of Zinfandels and I think this is wonderful (the deep black cherry and fruit flavors are truly amazing)- any thoughts??? I had purchased this a while back based on some research and loved it, so I was not suprised to see it in the top 100 - I was however shocked that it made the top 10 at only $24. Of course, I think it deserves it but I would love to hear opinions from the Snooth community. Also, anyone who is familiar with this winery, I would love some opinions on their other wines as well. I love their website, with all the family, etc. Thanks in advance - Toni

Replies

Reply by Adam Levin, Dec 14, 2008.

I've enjoyed previous vintages of this wine. I always thought it was a great Zin, but I never would have expected to see it in the WS top 100 list. Seghesio makes a very interesting Italian varietal called Arneis that's worth checking out. They have a great tasting room too.

Reply by MReff, Dec 14, 2008.

considering that they make somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 10 Zins, this one is not bad at all. The local costco has it for $18.99 making it a great QPR maybe up there for the best QPR of the year!

Reply by deconut, Dec 15, 2008.

thanks fof the input - anyone every try the old vine zin

Reply by deconut, Dec 15, 2008.

thanks for the costco info - I live in New Jersey and there are standards and miles apart each costco can have wine, etc - my parents get deals in Costco and Total
Wine (in Florida) and we do not get that same considerarion in New Jersey - -participate and make changes - someone has to
- all the more reason people need to sign up for
"Freethegrapes.org" it is fast and easy. Please join us and help the industry - go to the site, read, join and send the link to every wine lover you know!!!! Thanks fellow wine enthusiates!!! Toni

We need to have a say about where, when and how we can get our wine - visit their site - it is eye opening

Reply by Gregory Dal Piaz, Dec 15, 2008.

Seghesio is a solid producer making particularly good zin and Sangiovese even. I do think that their lower end wines do lack consistency though that is not unusually not surprising considering the volumes involved.

Reply by Eric Guido, Dec 18, 2008.

I've seen that lack of consistency. I had a case of these for parties that was darn right boring. Lacking varietal character and very one dimensional.

Back to Categories

Top Contributors This Month

847804 Snooth User: EMark
847804EMark
65 posts
1413489 Snooth User: dvogler
1413489dvogler
59 posts
1498622 Snooth User: Really Big Al
1498622Really Big Al
48 posts

Categories