Created by Pierre L. Doise more than 25 years ago after he immigrated to Canada from France to service the then emerging wine market of British Columbia, Select Wines stands as one of the most successful, privately owned import wine and spirit agencies in Canada.
Key time periods:
* 1982: Select Wine Merchants Ltd.in BC(the parent company)
* 1992: Select Wine Merchants Inc.in Alberta
* 1992: Select Wine Merchants Corp.in Ontario
* 2001: Select Vins Ltée in Quebec
* 2008: Select Wine Merchants (atlantic) Ltd in Halifax
* truly national company:
- 68 employees covering Canada from coast to coast in 2009.
* privately owned organization:
- the company remains autonomous in its strategy and management which allows greater flexibility and focus on driving optimum performance and revenues for its clients.
* decentralized management structure:
- Head Office sets strategic directions and monitors business activities
- Subsidiaries Read more »