The Wine Geek Palate
In comparison, the wine geek palate is driven almost exclusively by acidity. Geeks tend to geek about everything, so these are the folks who are building food and wine pairing apps. Since wine is a part of their daily life, it must go with food at some point.
The Wine Geek palate loves:
- Traditional Rioja. This stuff ages better than Bordeaux.
- Cabernet Franc. That’s pronounced Saumur-Champigny.
- Austrian Gruner Veltliner. This stuff ages better than White Burgs.
- Burgundy from the Cote de Beaune. Corton is the new Grand Cru.
- German Riesling. Love the Saar and the Grosses Gewachs. Trocken, baby.
- Favorite punctuation? Das Umlaut