The Hipster Palate
The hipster palate, which exploded from small pockets in France and most recently Brooklyn, searches out the wines that someone with the Old World palate might have grown to love, had they had time to sit with them as their palates evolved. These are cutting-edge wines and as with all things cutting-edge, there are many flops along the way – but that’s cool.
The Hipster palate loves:
- Grower Champagne. The harder to find, the better. Seriously, that’s a rule.
- Sherry. All sorts of profundity can be found in each and every bottle.
- Nebbiolo. Not Barolo, but rather Carema – wait, I meant Boca. Carema is so 2007.
- Skin contact whites, a.k.a. orange wines. These are the real shizzle.
- San soufre. Wines without sulfur are hot. And occasionally exploding.
- Favorite punctuation? The Irony Mark. Seriously.