Orviéto Classico Wine

Add a photo
for this region?


Orvieto Classico is a white wine produced in a specific zone within the Orvieto region of Umbria in central Italy. The word “classico” refers to both the original growing area of the grapes and what is considered its highest quality viticultural source. Orvieto Classico centers around the town of Orvieto and extends to Lake Corbara and west to the border of Lazio. 
Orvieto Classico is a dry wine, although the zone also encompasses its sweet version. The wines are a blend of at least 60% Procanico and Grechetto, with the remaining 40% containing Verdello, Malvasia Toscana, Canaiolo Blanco, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc, Gewürztraminer and/or Sauvignon Blanc, as long as they are all sourced from within the classical growing area. 
For more information on Orvieto history and production, please see Orvieto.
– Description from Amanda Schuster

View More

Popular wines made in Orviéto Classico under $20

Find local availability for these wines:Submit

Varietals Produced in Orviéto Classico View all

  • Sangiovese

    Prounounced “San-joh-vay-say,” this Italian wine varietal is Tuscany’s #1 red wine grape. It’s the pistol of Central ...

  • Trebbiano

    History of the grape: Trebbiano is one of the world’s most widely planted white grape varietals, not only for wines, ...

  • Ugni Blanc

    Because so many Italian varieties are known as Trebbiano, its history is unclear. It may be named after the river Tre...

  • Grechetto

People getting updates on Orviéto Classico Wine Wines

Be the first follower of this region and on your profile.

Page 1 of 9

Orviéto Classico on Snooth

1 2 3 4 5  ...  9 next

View larger map

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Recent Forum PostsView all

Orviéto Classico wine ratings and reviews

Snooth Media Network