Description 1 of 1
Central Victoria, part of the larger Victoria province, is one of the most diverse wine-making regions in Australia. It comprises five subregions and an array of micro-climates and terroirs, with a broad range of wine styles.
* Bendigo: with a warm, dry climate. Gold-mining was once the main industry here, now a favorite wine destination. Mostly known for rich reds from Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese.
* Goulburn Valley: with a history of wine-making that dates back to the 1860s. Warm and dry, with local rivers and lakes providing temperature moderation and irrigation. Known for Rhone varietals Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre (Mataro), Viognier, Rousanne, Marsanne as well as Chardonnay.
* Heathcote: known for its distinct Cambrian soil, milder temperatures and long growing season. Produces some of the most well-regarded Shiraz in the country. Also, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Tempranillo and whites from Viognier, Marsanne and Rousanne.
* Strathbogie Ranges: has only been producing wines since the 1970s. Has diverse microclimates within from cool to hot and dry. Wines styles reflect these areas from sparkling and cool-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc to rich Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot.
* Upper Goulburn: Known for high altitude vineyards and cool climates. The region produces aromatic whites from Gewurtraminer, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay. Reds are produced from Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Best Wine Deals
Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas, USA Green Card,Citizenship (firstname.lastname@example.orgReplied
Secret Santa 2015Replied
What have you bought lately?Replied
Wilson Creek Almond Champagne (2009)Cellared
Seghesio Family Vineyards Zinfandel Old Vine (2011)Wishlisted
Orlando Jacobs Creek Merlot South Australia (2004)Rated
Burgundy Pest/Disease Issue - Flavescence DoreeReplied
Candy Babee California RieslingWishlisted
Guigal Cotes du Rhone (2010)Wishlisted