Spain on my own time - been on my mind for 15 years!
I have been fortunate to travel to Spain several times in a short period of time back in the early 90's - but always on business trips (I know, tough gig). But I was so consumed with the business at hand, had little time to actually get out of the cities and explore the country. Changing that now.
On Friday (7/29), my wife (Kara) and I are headed back. We're beyond excited; our "littles" are happily ensconced with their grandparents in NJ and we have planned a fantastic trip. Here’s the itinerary:
- Saturday – Bilbao. No plans. (Heading into Rioja at some point)
- Sunday – Visiting Dinastia Vivanco Wine Musuem and Bodega
- Monday – visiting Lopez De Heredia and Bilbainas bodegas
- Tuesday – heading to San Sebastian for an early dinner (2p!) at Arzak; yes, we’re splurging
- Wednesday – no plans
- Thursday – no plans
- Friday – heading back to Bilbao at some point, but again no plans.
So I said, we had a trip planned but you can see, not really - we have 4+ days with nothing planned. I’m sure we’ll wander into many great things, but….
any "don't miss" suggestions?