What are sulfites and should I be worried about them?
Sulfites are naturally occurring elements in wine. In addition to the naturally occurring sulfites, vintners have been using sulfur in various forms for years. Sulfur is used in the vineyards, in the cellars, and during bottling to help protect your wine from spoilage.
Many people believe that the headaches they get from drinking wine are due to their allergic reaction to these sulfites. Truth is, very few people are allergic to sulfites and almost all vintners have been working tirelessly to bring the levels in their wines down.