Where to go in July

Some of the Month's Best Wine Fairs

Next » 1 of 6
Where to go in July

Summertime brings back memories of the freedom of youth; with not a care in the world as you pal around with friends, travel, and just enjoy life to the fullest. Being an adult wine geek, summer now means that and a whole lot more, for this is the time of year I personally celebrate life with white wines and roses, and red wines too in moderation. There’s  no need to kid amongst friends now is here, and with a relatively short season for the whites and roses in particular, this is the time of year to get out there and start trying as many wines as possible. To do that you need to hit the festivals my friends!

I've scoured the inter-webs to find the best events for July this year, and here, in no particular order, are the best of the lot! Let’s hope they’re pouring plenty of the light, fresh wines of summer.

Comments

• Snooth User: SteveKroll

I'm not sure how you missed this one, but the International Pinot Noir Celebration is also held in McMinnville, Oregon in July. This is the 27th year, and it features some of the best Pinot Noir producers on the planet.

Jul 01, 2013 at 6:01 PM

• Absolutely agree with SteveKro. The IPNC is the best wine celebration out there. Good luck getting tickets this late, though. Maybe some tickets available for the salmon bake only.

Jul 01, 2013 at 6:49 PM

• Snooth User: katiebray
    1120332 36

I was going to say the same thing - where's IPNC? International Pinot Noir Celebration: http://www.ipnc.org

Jul 01, 2013 at 7:25 PM

• Snooth User: steve666

Napa valley is always a hot place in the summer, and with our present sweltering heat wave, I am not sure I would visit Napa.

Jul 01, 2013 at 7:49 PM

• Snooth User: ccstrauss

Check out the Museum of the Rockies' Wine Classic in Bozeman, Montana on Saturday, July 13th...mtwineclassic.org! Sip. Savor. Support. CHEERS!

Jul 02, 2013 at 9:54 AM

• We want to plan a get together around wine tasting in September - maybe around the crush in California's Wine country (Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles- can you recommend something a bit more interesting than the usual venues.

Jul 02, 2013 at 3:35 PM

• Wild Horse Winery in the Paso Robles area is a great location for wine tasting this month.
    The area is replete with organic farm selling their home grown produce.
    Enjoy
    Glenda Urmacher
    Just opened and finished a Mont Saint Fort, Bordeaux 2005 that I have had for a while.
    Beautiful flavor, bouquet, & fragrance. Have to dig in my wine closet and see if I have any other of the same bottles.
    Didn't pay that much for it either.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM