So, you want answers? Well, we have them!
First off, Rías Baixas is pronounced ree-ahs-buy-shuss. Remember that name.
Every time you reach for your favorite Albariño (al-ba-ree-nyo), you’re reaching for the heart and soul of Rías Baixas. We all know that there’s a lot to learn about this wine, so join us for a live virtual tasting from New York City! This time around with a live studio audience!
On Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011, join Gregory Dal Piaz and Kerin Auth, of wine store Tinto Fino in Manhattan, at 8:30 p.m. EST as they answer all your questions about Rías Baixas the region, and Albariño the grape and wine. Simply visit our virtual tasting page.
Albariño is a wonderful, crisp white wine known for its elegance and clarity. It delivers layered fruit and mineral elements to your glass, direct from the cool coast of Galicia in northwest Spain.
Remember to join Greg and Kerin and a live studio audience for this exciting and unpredictable tasting! Who knows where it’s going to take us? All you have to do is tune in on Nov. 1, 8:30 p.m. EST to the Snooth Virtual Tasting page to participate.
Greg and Kerin will be sharing all they know about Albariño while answering questions from the live studio audience and the live question feed on uStream, Facebook and Twitter.
So join us and learn all there is to know about Albariño. Some topics we’ll be discussing are:
- Why is the Denomination of Origin (DO) Rías Baixas unique to Spain?
- How important are women winemakers in Rías Baixas?
- How big are the average holdings in Rías Baixas?
If you can’t wait, take a look at the full article for some information to get you started on learning about Rías Baixas!
- DO Rías Baixas is the only exclusively white wine DO in Spain.
- More than half of the winemakers in Rías Baixas are women.
- The Rías Baixas region encompasses 8,650 vineyard acres, with more than 6,500 growers and 20,000 plots of land under vine. The average vineyard is less than half an acre!
To learn more tune in on Tuesday Nov. 1, 2011, and join Gregory Dal Piaz and Kerin Auth, of wine store Tinto Fino in Manhattan, at 8:30 p.m. EST as they answer all your questions about Rías Baixas the region, and Albariño. Simply visit our virtual tasting page.