· 2 cedar grill planks
· 2 pounds fish, salmon fillet
· 3 tablespoon oil, olive
· 2 teaspoon thyme, lemon
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
· lemon thyme
· 1 lemon
1. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak planks in enough water to cover, weighting them to keep them submerged. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Place a salmon fillet onto the first plank, skin side down. Brush some of the olive oil onto the fish, making sure the top side is coated. Sprinkle with the snipped lemon thyme, salt, and pepper. Repeat with second salmon fillet.
3. Place salmon on planks directly over low heat. Cover and grill about 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. If desired, garnish with lemon thyme sprigs. Cut the lemon into quarters and squeeze the juice over the salmon just before serving.