Syrah - Premium
Layer Cake South Australia Shiraz
Dark, dense and creamy, complex aromas of black plum, Bing cherry, blackberry and pepper merge with licorice, tobacco, mocha and dark chocolate. This is one inky Shiraz; an explosion of dark, super ripe, wild blackberry, with a touch of cigar box finishing with a mélange of exotic spices. A pure fruit bomb…complete from attack through a long, lingering finish.
Italian Red - Premium
Allegrini Palazzo Della Torre
This blend of 70 percent Corvina Veronese, 25 percent Rondinella and 5 percent Sangiovese is a smooth, full-bodied cru made in an innovative ripasso style. After the harvest, the grapes from the Palazzo della Torre vineyard follow two different paths: 70 percent of the grapes picked are vinified immediately, and the remaining 30 percent are left to dry until the end of December. The fresh wine made at harvest is blended with the fermenting juice of the dried grapes, initiating a second fermentation, and rendering a more highly concentrated and complex wine. Allegrini affectionately refers to Palazzo della Torre as its “baby Amarone.”
Deep ruby red in color, this wine is brimming with notes of dark, dried cherries, blackberries and hints of dates and mocha.
South American Red - Premium
Catena Zapata Catena Malbec
The Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino 2008 shows a saturated dark violet color; the nose offers cassis, mocha and clove, along with a strong suggestion of soil tones. It combines density and sweetness on the one hand, with gripping, lightly saline flavors of tobacco, dark berries, spices and minerals; a palate-staining finish dominated by sweet black and blue fruits.
Rose - Premium
Chateau d'Esclans Cotes de Provence Whispering Angel Rose
Look for ripe red fruits, with hints of minerals and flowers. This delicious bottle is a perfect, easy-quaffing wine for lunch, dinner or as aperitif.Sacha Lichine, son of the renowned Alexis, hasn't ceased to combine his talent and wine making know-how and so has given a new dimension to Provence Rose.
Tuscan Red - Premium
Villa Antinori Toscana IGT
Color: intense ruby red. Aroma: intense and complex with notes of spices, mint, and chocolate, which are particularly felt along with light aromas of ripe cherries. On the palate the wine, savory and long, is full-bodied and round with supple and velvety tannins.
Other Red - Premium
Vina Robles Petite Sirah Jardine
The grapes for this vintage were hand picked and sorted for quality in the vineyard. The fruit was fermented in small stainless steel tanks and bins. Over three days the must was allowed to “cold soak” to extract color and flavor prior to the start of fermentation. Pumpovers and punch-downs took place frequently over a ten-day period before the juice was pressed off and transferred to French oak barrels (45 percent new) to complete malolactic fermentation. The final blend was chosen as a result of frequent tasting sessions. The Jardine Petite Sirah contributes dense, dark fruit with great tannin structure. The Penman Springs adds dark color, fresh berry aromas and spicy characteristics. Creston Valley Vineyard adds touches of minerality. Together, they create a wine displaying complexity, structure and balance.
Editor’s Choice - Other Red - Premium
Edmunds St. John Bone-Jolly Gamay Noir
For the 2011: All our red Gamay from 2011 is from the Barsotti Ranch, grown in soils made up of weathered and decomposed granite. Gamay has a particular affinity for granite, and we feel extremely lucky to have found a site to plant Gamay that seems to provide both the cool-climate the variety requires to produce its best wines, and the granite soils that seem to give them backbone, nerve, and perfume. 2011 is the fifth year we’ve taken grapes from Barsotti, and the very best of those five.
The color is a deep vibrant purple-edged ruby. The smells include violets, raspberry, a little cracked pepper, mulberry, and a dash of iron. Great freshness on the palate, with flavors that are full, focused, and, for now, direct and primary. It’s delicious at the table, presently, and yet, a few years in bottle will likely give even greater depth, complexity, and satisfaction.
Editor’s Choice - South American Red - Premium
Lapostolle Casa Carmenere
Color: Intense purple color. Nose: Notes of rosemary and red pepper with chocolate and tobacco aromas. Palate: Medium structure with pleasant acidity and juicy red fresh fruit at the finish. Service and Food Pairing: The ideal companion for pastas, pork and grilled red meat.