Top 25 Premium Winners

We reveal the second round of PVA winners

« Prev Next » 12 of 27
Bordeaux - Premium

Chateau Beaumont Cru Bourgeois Haut Medoc

The 2009 vintage featured very dark, almost black Merlot wines with lots of body, ripe tannin, smoothness, and an overall quality rarely equalled at Beaumont. The Cabernet Sauvignon wines are very deeply-coloured and fruity, with fine, straightforward aromas and no herbaceousness. The very close-knit tannic texture bodes well for a wonderful synergy with Merlot in the final blend. The wines made from Petit Verdot, picked when fully ripe, are also deep in colour and fruity, with beautiful tannic structure.

Comments

• Snooth User: mqadams

Why do you make me scroll through 25 pages to see this list of 25 wines? Just to boost your Google ranking, I assume. I think that you expect unlimited patience from your visitors, which may not be accurate.

Nov 07, 2012 at 8:02 PM

• It took me a while to figure this out, too: there is a "view as one page" button you can select on the home page. Look to the left, just below the text box.

Nov 07, 2012 at 8:32 PM

• Snooth User: Andy Hunter

We are familiar with several of these, however, it would have been nice if the countries had been listed as well!

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:48 PM

• Snooth User: martinvml

Hi its a nice step to rank the wines but first let the list be in a single page, and if people are interested let them click on each wine and know further.
    Making us to click and wait for so much of time to see the ranking is little harsh

Nov 07, 2012 at 11:28 PM

• I agree - I don't like having to scroll through several pages I don't want to read in order to see a listing! don't know how to get to "view as one page" button.

Nov 08, 2012 at 9:48 AM

• Snooth User: steve666

Having a RS for both white and red wines would be nice, particularly whites. I don't drink any whites but dessert wines and some rieslings, where a RS is particularly of importance.
    thanks
    steve

Nov 08, 2012 at 4:41 PM

• Snooth User: zinfandel1

I can't believe that none of my picks made the list. Either I am too far to the right or too far to the left. I guess I have to do some serious soul searching.

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:17 AM

• This list is not the result of everyone voting for their favorite wine. Willamette Valley Vineyards won simply because they made their 200 employees (and spouses) vote weekly for their wines. Most Oregonians agree, Willamette Valley Vineyards is not even close to the best Pinot Noir in Oregon.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

• I agree with Joe. This list is not the result of everyone voting for their favorite wine. Here's some inside info, Willamette Valley Vineyards won simply because they made their 200 employees (and spouses) vote weekly for their wines. Most Oregonians agree, Willamette Valley Vineyards is not even close to the best Pinot Noir in Oregon.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

• Snooth User: steve666

Seghesio wines (particularly the Zins) get much better with an extra 2-3 years of age. The different zins are rather different (they make about 10 different ones, and periodically they seem to disclose a new zin from a different vineyard).

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM