Top 25 Premium Winners

We reveal the second round of PVA winners

Next » 1 of 27
Top 25 Premium Winners Last week, we unveiled our first installment of winners from the Snooth People’s Voice Wine Awards, featuring the winners in the value category. Today, we pick up where we left off with the next 25 winners, this time from the premium category. In this case, “premium” refers to wines that are roughly priced from about $12 to $25. I use the word roughly because prices do vary, particularly from coast to coast, with imported wines often being cheaper on the East Coast and West Coast consumers often enjoying better pricing for local products.

The wines here are listed in order of votes received, so the first wine is also the prize category wine. You could call it the most popular premium-priced wine in this year's People’s Voice Wine Awards. I’ve added a pair of Editor’s Choice wines at the end to round this out to 25 wines. This way, we will end up with 100 winners from this inaugural round of the Snooth People’s Voice Wine Awards. Congratulations to all the winners and stayed tuned for next week when we will unveil the winners of the Super-Premium categories.

I present Snooth’s top 25 premium wines, with winemaker’s notes attached.

Comments

• Snooth User: mqadams

Why do you make me scroll through 25 pages to see this list of 25 wines? Just to boost your Google ranking, I assume. I think that you expect unlimited patience from your visitors, which may not be accurate.

Nov 07, 2012 at 8:02 PM

• It took me a while to figure this out, too: there is a "view as one page" button you can select on the home page. Look to the left, just below the text box.

Nov 07, 2012 at 8:32 PM

• Snooth User: Andy Hunter

We are familiar with several of these, however, it would have been nice if the countries had been listed as well!

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:48 PM

• Snooth User: martinvml

Hi its a nice step to rank the wines but first let the list be in a single page, and if people are interested let them click on each wine and know further.
    Making us to click and wait for so much of time to see the ranking is little harsh

Nov 07, 2012 at 11:28 PM

• I agree - I don't like having to scroll through several pages I don't want to read in order to see a listing! don't know how to get to "view as one page" button.

Nov 08, 2012 at 9:48 AM

• Snooth User: steve666

Having a RS for both white and red wines would be nice, particularly whites. I don't drink any whites but dessert wines and some rieslings, where a RS is particularly of importance.
    thanks
    steve

Nov 08, 2012 at 4:41 PM

• Snooth User: zinfandel1

I can't believe that none of my picks made the list. Either I am too far to the right or too far to the left. I guess I have to do some serious soul searching.

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:17 AM

• This list is not the result of everyone voting for their favorite wine. Willamette Valley Vineyards won simply because they made their 200 employees (and spouses) vote weekly for their wines. Most Oregonians agree, Willamette Valley Vineyards is not even close to the best Pinot Noir in Oregon.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

• I agree with Joe. This list is not the result of everyone voting for their favorite wine. Here's some inside info, Willamette Valley Vineyards won simply because they made their 200 employees (and spouses) vote weekly for their wines. Most Oregonians agree, Willamette Valley Vineyards is not even close to the best Pinot Noir in Oregon.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

• Snooth User: steve666

Seghesio wines (particularly the Zins) get much better with an extra 2-3 years of age. The different zins are rather different (they make about 10 different ones, and periodically they seem to disclose a new zin from a different vineyard).

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM