The Year in Pictures

Favorite images from 2010

Next » 1 of 11
The Year in Pictures All of Snooth's e-mails have images attached to them, some many more than one, as some have been quick to point out. Even with so many images it's not always easy to use some of my favorite images. It might not work with the content I've written, or may just be too non-specific to really add meaningful impact to the e-mail.

For whatever reason, some images never make their way onto Snooth. Others are so good that even though they've been included in previous e-mails, perhaps buried on page 9, I thought it would be nice to add them here and give them a fitting caption. So, in wishing you a joyous new year, let me share Snooth's top images of 2010.

Comments

• I remember this, great photo!

Jan 03, 2011 at 12:34 PM

• Snooth User: TomG

Hi Gregory - I love your shot of the soils of St. Emilion. I was there in August and got some nice shots of Clos Fourtet, just over the road from the town itself. I'm sure lots of your readers have others to share as well. Any way to do that?

Jan 03, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Hi Theresa!! I owe you a bottle of wine.

Tom, it's a great idea. I'll get back with details soon.

Jan 03, 2011 at 4:19 PM

• am leaving at the end of Jan for two weeks in Tuscany and Piedmont please advise resturants JERIC

Jan 03, 2011 at 5:14 PM

• Gregory-
    When I was a graduate student in the early 70s, only rarely, could I splurge on a good bottle of wine. My favorites were from St. Emilion and Pomerol, with my top choice for the money being Clos Figeac (ca. $4, different times, huh?). What are your thoughts about this wine?

PS Recently, on a cruise, I spent a lot for a bottle and was very disappointed. I believe that it was a 2003 vintage, but I'm not positive.

Jan 03, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Hi Jack,

You can find several restaurant reccos by searching the articles forum

Jaschem,

I think that Figeac can be great when it's on, 2001 for example, but the Chateau is a model of inconsistency and in the very warm vintage of 2003 most likely were simply unprepared for the stewiness, high alcohol and general lack of balance that resulted.

I prefer the $4 versions myself.

Jan 03, 2011 at 7:24 PM

• Gregory-
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I would like to send you a picture of a bottle of wine that I just bought. Is there a way to do this? Thanks - John

Jan 03, 2011 at 7:53 PM

• Thanks for your best photos of the year on Snooth. That gives me a great idea for the winetraveler and my napablog. I will do the same on these two blogs this week.
    Joe

Jan 03, 2011 at 8:07 PM

• Snooth User: Allastirk

Where can I find Almond Creek sparkling wine in Atlanta besides trader joes

Jan 04, 2011 at 12:27 AM

• Greg,
    I just posted my top 20 wine country photos of 2010 on the WineTraveler. http://bit.ly/hv7uLg

Jan 04, 2011 at 7:12 PM