The Sandeman Virtual Tasting

Catching up with George Sandeman and Andy Seymour

« Prev Next » 6 of 10
10-Year-Old Tawny

Port can be confusing, but not when George is discussing it. Here he explains what Tawny Port is, how it's made, how it differs from other styles of Port, and what the age on every bottle means.

Comments

• Snooth User: zinfandel1

The Porto Virtual tasting was an education. George Sandeman is a great speaker. I learned more about Port in one evening than I did in the last several years.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM

• We and our friends had such a marvelous evening, Greg!! I tend to go for the bold, dry reds and have avoided sweet wines until now, but we really learned a lot about the value of drinking the sweeter variety. Thank you so much for the informative, enjoyable virtual tasting on Port wine-- even the chat comments on the side were wonderful!

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

• Port is the only wine I TRULY enjoy espesilly chilled

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM

• Snooth User: Bayleigh4

Some of us don't do video - still photos and a transcript needed please.

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

• Snooth User: shsim

This was such a great tasting! We had fun enjoying desserts with the ports! I learnt plenty from the tasting, now I am excited to try new Ports. Looking forward to the next VT!

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM

• Snooth User: Bill Ruth

Agree with Bayleigh4, at least a transcript is needed, thanks.

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

• Snooth User: jtryka

That was a wonderful event, I enjoyed the Founder's Reserve and the 10-year old Tawny with some friends, and we learned a lot and had lot's of fun, including experimenting with some of the cocktail recipes ourselves! Thanks again for putting this tasting on!

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

• Snooth User: Bayleigh4

I would love to see a photo of the preferred glassware for port. I would love to learn about Tawny port. But I don't do videos. So I guess I am out of luck. I thought your quick reply ment you had a link to the transcript for me. Maybe next time.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM

• Snooth User: alfadoctor

Now this is getting down to the way I would like to learn about wines. I drink several different labels of Port with Sandeman my wife's favorite, and I prefer the more hearty Fonseca Bin17. Nothing better than a large snifter glass of port to wind down an evening. Keep the videos coming!

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Thanks all for the great comments. Sorry, I can't pull together a transcript of an hour long interview. I'd love to do it but I just don't have the resources. I'm thrilled at the response to the event and that some of you took the time to share your thoughts with me. Looking forward to the next one!

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM