Snooth West Coast Wines of the Year 2010

And the winners are...

« Prev Next » 12 of 15
Torii Mor "Deux Verres" Reserve Pinot Noir 2008, $35

Oregon Pinot has really been on fire these past few years and the last two vintages, 2007 and 2008, have proven to be a dynamite set for learning about the terroir of various vineyards and how each winemaker handles that terroir.

2007 has been called a wine drinker's vintage as the wines tend to the elegant, complex side of things and lack the power that 2008 provides.

This Torii Mor Pinot has that rich fruit yet remains expressive and elegant. The best of both worlds and a fine example of Oregon Pinot.

Find out more.

Comments

• Snooth User: royedk

showing Pinot Noir rather than Reisling.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Thanks!

Corrected.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM

• Snooth User: eag36jr

how can I order the 12 selections as a case?

Thanks, Ernie

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM

• Snooth User: Cbil

Isn't it Torii Mor?

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM

• Great article
    I want to try the Emblem Cab.

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM

• Great Article
    I want to try "Emblem"

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM

• Write your comment here.

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM

• Snooth User: JMH58
    619330 9

I tried the Chateau Ste Michelle 2008 Indian Wells Cab about a month ago. Immediately tried to buy a case, but it was already sold out in the DC area. Several shippers are now also out. A few have it and get it if you can.

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM

• Snooth User: dangler88
    632036 1

Just about anything by Ch Ste Michelle is solid these days

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:28 PM

• Snooth User: Polly4

Our Willamette Valley Vineyards Riesling snuck into our store like a thief in the night. Alas, it is all gone after a mere 24 hours!

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM

• Snooth User: Jildaz

I love your West Coast 2010 choices, but I'm from British Columbia , we are part of the Pacific Northwest and we have wines that merit your attention.
    I really do love your 2010 choices.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM

• Snooth User: Stewart Mclennan

I added a comment to this thread that never made it so I'll try again. I think caveats aside the words top choices and West Coast are misnomers regarding these picks. "A selection of Some good West Coast wines chosen by Me", would perhaps be a more apt if not as headline grabbing a title for these choices. Unfortunately the West Coast is a very large producer of wines and a lot of regions probably were never even factored into this mix. I appreciate Gregory's writing and his choices but feel many great wines and regions were overlooked here. Perhaps that's in part because of the enormity of the task however if you live by the West Coast sword then............

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

• Snooth User: ausrine

Yes, Stewart. None of my favorites were mentioned either.

Jan 04, 2011 at 3:09 PM

• Snooth User: hogfatt

Nice, I have one of those Torii Mor "Deux Verres" Reserve Pinot Noir 2008 in my fridge sent from the wine club this year! $$

Jan 04, 2011 at 6:23 PM

• Snooth User: MANY 82

You said "Top 12 West Coast Wine of the year 2010", them you show wine from 2009, 2008 and others not one from 2010.
    I would prefer you tell us what are the wine that you like.
    When I was in San Francisco, I rent a car and visit at list 20 winery, I did not like any. They all taste vinaigrette.
    Them we went to eat in a small Restaurant, that some one recommended,it was run by a husband and wife, I ask the house wine and it was delicious, I ask for the label, I place in my wallet and I ask in many stores and not one had it.
    Dr. Manuel Avellan, PhD