It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

The perfect glass to come down from your day

Toss the keys on the counter, throw your bag in a chair and get ready to wind down from your day. Few things can bring your day to a close like a gorgeous glass of wine. Before a meal is eaten and conversation can commence, the small glass of wine at the end of the day takes you out of the chaos and into the sunset of your day.

The perfect bottle of wine to pop open at five o’clock is something reasonable in price and dazzling for your taste buds. In 1927, John Pedroncelli, Sr., purchased a vineyard and small winery in Sonoma County’s Dry Creek Valley. Over the years the Pedroncelli family farm vineyard has dedicated itself to tradition, heritage and producing wines you can depend on.

Photo courtesy Pedroncelli Winery
Related Imagery
Pedroncelli Pinot Noir
The Pedroncelli Russian River Valley Pinot Noir is the ultimate choice for an end of the day glass of wine. This Pinot Noir is extraordinary for many reasons. Pinot Noir grapes are known for growing brilliantly in France and Australia. Their difficult nature makes them some of the toughest grapes to grow and one of the most finicky wines to produce. When this wine is developed and developed well, it is a gift to the world. The Pedroncelli Russian River Valley Pinot Noir is an anomaly because of the region in which it is spawn. Few wineries have such land and ability to develop such grapes on their own. The result is a stunning, perfectly priced wine. The taste is radiant and romantic, smooth yet in your face with gorgeous flavor. The fruit is distinct yet not overly sweet, the succulent grapes playing a seductive game with your taste buds.

On your way home from work tonight, stop and pick up a bottle of Pedroncelli Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Priced at about $18.00 a bottle, this wine will sip elegantly as you prepare dinner and complement your meal with utter perfection.

Comments

• I love wines from the Russian River Valley! I'll have to try this one.

Sep 07, 2011 at 12:55 PM

• The perfect bottle of wine to pop open at five o’clock is something reasonable in price and dazzling for your taste buds.
    i'd love to be able to open something that cost $18/btl every day. i'm sure it is "reasonably priced" for the quality, but i'll have to save this for a special occasion.

Sep 07, 2011 at 3:24 PM

• Snooth User: Helchedda

I was so riled up by this article- and it is SOLD OUT on the winery's web site.... huge sad face.

Sep 07, 2011 at 3:28 PM

• Pedroncelli wines are regularly featured on winewoot.com - I've had quite a few over the past few years, and they're consistently excellent.

Sep 07, 2011 at 4:52 PM

• Pedroncelli was one of the first wineries that I ever visited in Sonoma County. I joined their wine club and was always pleased with the quality, taste and value of all of their wines. I always looked forward to the wine club delivery.

Sep 07, 2011 at 5:01 PM

• One of the first CA Pinots I remember enjoying was a 1974 Pedroncelli (in around 1978)...haven't had any of them recently...need to give 'em a try.

Sep 07, 2011 at 6:54 PM

• I have a farm in Oregon where Pinot is famous. My daughter Amy owns a restaurant in Santa Barbara, Ca. (Tupelo Junction Cafe) She only serves Central Coast Wines on her menu. She will be very interested in a great Pinot from the Russian River. Thanks Amanda for bringing this to my attention.

Sep 08, 2011 at 8:35 AM

• Snooth User: Cariedaway

Wow, so GREAT to see Pedroncelli promoted here! As a long-time Sonoma County resident, I've been amazed at how under-appreciated they seem to be. In my book, they're one of the best. Always great wines, always reasonably priced, and the nicest folks in the business. John Pedroncelli is a fine winemaker, and I'm so happy to see them getting some well-deserved respect!

Sep 08, 2011 at 2:15 PM

• Snooth User: dmcker

Amanda, was wondering if you have any relationship to Pedroncelli?

Oct 05, 2011 at 7:02 AM

• Snooth User: Cariedaway

Hi Amanda, no I have no connection to Pedroncelli, just a long-time fan! I lived in Sonoma County for many years (now living in the Sacramento area) and they were always one of my favorites. I have worked for a number of wineries, including Hanna and White Oak in Sonoma County, but never for Pedroncelli. I now work (part-time) at Renwood in Amador County. Learning to really enjoy the Amador zinfandels and other varietals!

Oct 05, 2011 at 12:30 PM

• No, Just love the wine!

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:58 AM