Holiday Gift Guide, Corkscrews

Which model should you buy?

« Prev Next » 5 of 7
Pop Goes the Cork

I've never been a fan of these gas powered corkscrews, but I do have to admit that this performed flawlessly when I used it. There's always the issue of running out of gas while in the midst of a mess of bottles, but if you want to give something cool to your wine loving friends that has a good chance of being used, check out Cork Pop's Legacy.

See me demonstrate the Cork Pops Legacy.

Find the legacy on Amazon

Comments

• Snooth User: MarcOps

I knew about these but never understood how they worked. Thanks for the demo!

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:38 AM

• Snooth User: pdx

I recently purchased an "always easy" style while out of town and found the metal of the screw too wide and it destroyed the cork. So the metal part must be slender enough to worm its way in without damaging the cork.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

• Snooth User: eaglenn

CAN YOU RECOMMEND A CORKSCREW THAT IS COMPLIANT WITH THE TSA REGULATIONS?

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM

• Snooth User: EMark

OK, I have to bring up old movie trivia. You mentioned the appearance of a gas-charged device in a Columbo episode. In the epilog scene in Diamonds are Forever the very evil Mr. Wint, disguised, along with his equally evil partner, Mr. Kidd, as a room service waiter, uses one of the gas-charged devices to open a bottle of Mouton Rothshild which he doesn't know is a claret. The gaffe, of course, exposes Mr. Wint and 007 immediately dispatches him and Mr. Kidd. 007 is then able to return his full attention to the Mouton and to Tiffany Case.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM

• Snooth User: pdrinan

First, second as well as third, fourth and fifth choice for me will always be the "Old Trusty" wine key. The Ah-So is also a little gem of low-tech genius. The Houdini, or "rabbit" is always impressive and if you're prepping a large quantity, your new best friend. Cheers.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM

• Snooth User: jcstates
    472055 31

What happened to the parrot and the rabbit? the other day, these two were also on the demo.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM