Don't Drink That, Drink This!

Enjoy premium wine at decent prices

Comments

• Snooth User: Stanger

I can certainly vouch for that. I'm a Merlot fan and find that cheaper wines such as Lindeman (Australia); Copperidge (CA); and Concannon Merlot and Pinot Grigio (CA) actually have a better flavor than some of the more expensive wines. I'm convinced that one does not have to spend a lot to get a good flavored wine.

Jan 03, 2012 at 4:48 PM

• Snooth User: FrankAlfa

I only have three words : Amarone, Amarone & Amarone!!!!!! There is no other wine to drink!

Jan 03, 2012 at 7:15 PM

• Snooth User: FrankAlfa

I have been drinking wine and making wine for many years. The only wine I buy is AMARONE!!!! Nothing else even comes close to the complexity and flavor of an Amarone!!!!!

Jan 03, 2012 at 7:17 PM

• Snooth User: FrankAlfa

Tonight I am enjoying a 2007 Amarone Villa Arvedi by Bertani! It is a very young, rough wine at this time but it has a big wonderfully flavor, that is broad and concentrated with a lovely long finish, totally dry but with sweet fruit and tanins that are not totally soft yet and are there for a good nudge. I like to drink Amarone wines that are 8 to10 years old when they have married all of their many layers of complexity flavors to a point where everything has matured into "Liquid Gold" and becomes a magical drink with a long, long, long finish!!!! You have not tasted wine until you have indulged in enjoying a well aged Amarone. Be patient and you will be rewarded with one of life's rare pleasures. Nothing comes close!!!!! Amarone wines are not cheap but a if I am going to drink wine, I want to drink something special! I bought about 28 bottles of several different Amarone wines this year and the Vintages have been 2006, 2007 & 2008's. I will continue to buy and enjoy Amarone wines for many years to come. Year after year, I will enjoy the very finest wine there is by drinking well matured Amarone wines. Forza Amarone!

Jan 03, 2012 at 9:17 PM

• Anyone got any views on Amarone...?

Jan 04, 2012 at 5:56 AM

• Snooth User: Svein

"Modern" Sauvignon Blanc: Too often overpriced and pis-de-chat like!

Jan 04, 2012 at 9:35 AM

• I agree that Chilean Cabs can be quite nice. I had a 2000 from Patagonia that was tasty and smooth.
    Thanks for the heads-up about Red Diamond Merlot. Now I have a better idea why it's one of my top sellers.

Jan 04, 2012 at 12:11 PM

• Snooth User: Stevern86

For Sauvignon Blanc I look to Lake County California and New Zealand. Price is definitely not the best indicator of best wines in this catagory. Good stuff for a reasonable price abounds. I agree with the great value in white Bordeaux's too.

Jan 05, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Just goes to show you there is always a good option no matter what your price point or palate preference.

Jan 06, 2012 at 11:10 AM

• Snooth User: misselly

I am a white wine drinker and really love OPEN RIESLING/GEWÜRZTRAMINER. $11.95 in Ontario....

Jan 09, 2012 at 2:58 PM

• Snooth User: ceegee58

My go-to wine is Rodney Strong Merlot. It is far superior to lots of more expensive wines I've tried. Another favorite is Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Both of these are under $20 a bottle and never fail to wow!!

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM