7 Best TV Drunks

Our favorites to watch this season

Next » 1 of 9
7 Best TV Drunks This Sunday, TV viewers everywhere gathered around their televisions and tuned in to the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, kicking off this year's fall television season. With the season premieres of both How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men airing last night, the new fall season has officially begun.

Through the spring, DVRs everywhere will be booked with the likes of Grey's Anatomy, Boardwalk Empire and The Big Bang Theory, to name a few. So how are we celebrating the return of our beloved shows? By telling you about our favorite TV stars - the drunks.

Here are our top 7 best TV drunks with returning shows this season. Who are your favorites?

Photo courtesy jypsygen via Flickr/CC

Comments

• Perhaps in your world 'TV viewers everywhere gathered around their televisions and tuned in to the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards' and 'Through the spring, DVRs everywhere will be booked with the likes of Grey's Anatomy, Boardwalk Empire and The Big Bang Theory' but neither myself nor anyone I know watched the Emmy awards, and I do not own a DVR, and I've never seen any of those shows mentioned.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM

• Incredibly sophomoric and antithetical to the distillers' message of "drink responsibly". What is next "Jackass drinking contests"? This and the slightly less offensive "Who'd you rather drink with" would give me pause about advertising on your site if I were a were a wine or spirits company.
    Please go back to serious information for those who appreciate fine spirits, which cannot be done when drunk.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM

• Both of you need to lighten up and get over yourselves. Seriously. I am always surprised that such snobbery still exists in modern society. It's a bit pathetic and you both should feel ashamed. Examine your hearts and find another way to feel that empty space. This is not the appropriate forum.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM

• Snooth User: Leah Mansback

I loved this article and thought it funny and clever. Well done!

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM

• Brandie-Blakely you must be a liberal, since you resort to name calling because you cannot use reason to back up your arguments, and they you try and stifle intelligent debate. This is not the appropriate forum to discuss an article posted here? Americans watch an average of 5 hours a TV a day and more people watch American Idol then vote. If you don't think that is a problem then you are the problem.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:08 PM

• Snooth User: Jesse Chemtob

If you could vote for the president from your mobile phone, I bet more people would vote...

Remember, always drink - and text - responsibly..

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

• Snooth User: it2daddy

@larry. Love your passion for great spirits and an intelligent discourse on it, but ..... this is a simple and fun article, that's it... period. It's not making a statement about Americans and why they can't name the 50 states, name any of the political combatants in this latest round of charades and name-calling, or why most folks don't contribute to NPR --- it's a fun story meant (I think) to lighten the day. For many, a day that tilts dangerously to over-worked, over-scheduled, and whole slew of under-whelming. I agree with B-B, chill out.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

• I think that television choices have nothing to do with your political stances. Additionally, any learned spirit drinking would understand that Boardwalk Empire serves as a crucial reminder of what is now American drinking culture

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM

• I didn't say anything about TV choices indicating a political stance (although they probably do). I said that liberals quickly resort to name calling in place of facts, reason, and intelligent debate.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM

• Snooth User: Chris Carpita

Not sure I can contribute to the "intelligent discourse" regarding the political bias of this list of popular television shows (and fictional drunks they employ), being fairly buzzed myself. So instead I'll say this: +1 for Jesse Chemtob's text-for-president platform. You have my 140 bytes next year.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM

• Snooth User: it2daddy

@ larry -- fair point about your comments, I may have stretched a bit on my response. I was keying off your last sentence which seemed, in combo with first, to be a broader comment on the choices most americans make regarding their free time - which i would tend to agree that their choices are less than ideal. For me, I watch almost no tv (though i do dvr some sports on the weekends) and I found this article an easy read and a way for me to dip into pop culture and learn a bit of trivia.

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM

• I too thought the article was well done as was the tie in to favorite spirits of "the stars" - well done, just about a juvenile topic. Discussing TV viewing habits is like discussing politics or religion and not something I want to pursue in a forum that is supposed to be about "Spirits" and entertaining.

What disappointed me about the article and the TV programs featured is that they find your friendly neighborhood drunk entertaining, as apparently do some of the commentators. I know far too many people who have screwed up their lives and the lives of others by inappropriate use of alcohol to think that drunkenness is funny. You can debate if TV affects peoples' behavior of not, but is an article about the glorification of drunks appropriate for "The Spir.it"? Do you ever see liquor companies using drunks in their advertising? If this makes me a snob, then at least chalk me up as a (usually) sober snob.

Sep 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM