5 Ways to Chill your Wine

Don't drown your drink with ice water, use one of these great ideas to keep your favorite summer tipple cool and refreshing!

« Prev Restart 6 of 6
Ravi
Of course while we're going down the rustic path to wine chilling someone has already invented a way to chill each pour of wine, which might work in the great outdoors. The Ravi wine pourer is designed to chill your wine as it flows from the bottle, taking all the stones and rocks out of the equation and leaving you with a glass of pure refreshment. Still there is something to be said for the whole hunter gather option but this will probably impress your guests more!

Comments

• Snooth User: BenLCW

How about frozen seedless grapes? Eat them when you finish the wine.

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM

• Snooth User: Mark Suss

I have the whiskey stones and they didn't work great getting my whites to the temperature I like but I found "wine drops" and they worked great.

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

• Snooth User: Jeanne A

We just tried frozen grapes...the grapes do thaw, but kept the wine cool a bit longer.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM

• Snooth User: bkaron

There are dozens of clear and colored plastic or composite ice cubes available on the market. Other then the silly colors 9and hey are still silly colors in my ice tea or iced coffee) they work well. The colors allow them to be rechilled in my cube bin in the fridge and allow me to find them to add to my glass or thermos.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

• Make sure you're not using your good Riedel with all of these rocks! They are strong, but will definitely scratch.

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM

• Snooth User: katchen

Do frozen rocks chip your teeth? I find the idea of the wine drops or corkcicle or even a (gasp) ice bucket more appealing than damaged wine glasses and potentially teeth.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

• I vote for the frozen grapes. The ones in AZ right now are flavorless flame reds, and sour greens @ ~$1.49. We have to cool the reds as well out here in the desert!

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM

• Snooth User: mrspc50

Ive been doing the frozen grapes for years. Love it - especially since Im a white wine girl!

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

• Snooth User: chdgrffs

These all sound like very charming ways to cool wine but I do it the old fashion way...in my wine chiller on my private Gulfstream G650 or when at home I have the staff ordered to chill it for me whether I be in Tuscany, Nice or vacationing in the Maldives. Call me old fashion I guess....

Aug 03, 2013 at 5:23 PM