Come join us for Whole Foods Market’s third annual wine sale from November 22 - 25! Throughout Thanksgiving weekend, save 20 percent when you buy 12 or more bottles at Whole Foods Market!
By popular demand, we’re starting this year’s sale on Thanksgiving Day rather than on Black Friday. Now, you have an extra day to stock up on reasonably priced wines and perhaps serve a few favorites alongside Thanksgiving dinner.
Check out our wide selection of reds, whites, sparkling and dessert wines. Our top picks for Thanksgiving and the winter holidays are new to our selection and limited in production, so get them while they last!
- George DuBoeuf Malbec: The prodigal grape returns home to France! Dark in color with lots of juicy black fruit, this wine is for the Bordeaux fan. Not so much like its Argentinean brothers, this style has a fine backbone of tannins and plenty of herbal notes to pair with your holiday meal.
- Maggio Petite Sirah: Rudy Maggio and the Reynolds brothers bought the Oak Ridge Winery over a decade ago. They focus on juicy reds indicative of the warm climate in Paso and Lodi. Jammy, punchy and delicious, this wine pairs perfectly with roasted turkey smothered with cranberry relish.
- La Piuma Pecorino: This is a delicious white wine from Italy’s eastern coastal regions; not the sheep milk cheese you might be familiar with. A crisp, mineral-driven wine with a hint of spicy fruit, perfect for the Pinot Grigio fan looking for a new twist. Pair with shrimp cocktail and fresh oysters.
- Innovacion Shiraz Cabernet blend: From our friends in Mendoza, Argentina, this wine is a limited edition just for the holidays. Cabernet gives this wine body and a dry, tobacco and cassis flavor, while the Shiraz keeps it plump on the palate; wonderful with sage, rosemary and red wine marinated brisket.
- Marques de la Musa Garnacha: For all the Pinot Noir fans, this Spanish wine has a similar body, bright with raspberry and a hint of white pepper. Best part is the price; for $8.99 this is a winner when entertaining this Thanksgiving.
- Cinzano Asti Spumante: A lighter style sparkling wine made with Moscato grapes, this is perfect as an aperitif or with pie and ice cream.
For those looking for the best quality, most interesting and exclusive wines this year, we present our very own ONE WINE project. Whole Foods Market has partnered with nationally recognized wine producer, VaPiano Vineyards to custom blend three different limited edition wines: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc. Our talented Whole Foods Market wine buyers went straight to the source to cut out the middlemen, so these wines are available for almost half the market value.
Run, don’t walk to Whole Foods Market this weekend to stock your wine cellar for entire holiday season!